Our Project Managers
Our translation project managers are very responsive and customer-oriented. You will notice that from your very first order.
All of our project managers at our European headquarters have an M.A. in English, French and Spanish Languages and/or an M.A. in Translation and Interpretation Studies.
They are able to use the software packages listed herein.
Our translation project managers usually are able to function as translators, revisers or reviewers in the projects they manage, especially with large translation projects. This allows them to be proactive and detect potential translation issues.
They also carry out agreed quality checks on all translations to the extent agreed with the client before delivery.
Our translation project coordinators are native speakers of English, Spanish, French and Basque.
They are proficient in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Basque, and Swedish.
Areas of expertise of our project managers. Our translation project managers have a very good knowledge of the main technical, scientific, and medical areas acquired through in-house translation or revision over the last 10 years.
- Legal translation. Two of our project managers are sworn translators of the English and Spanish languages. Sections about our Legal Translation Service and Certified Translation Service offer detailed information about these two services.
- Engineering, especially automotive engineering translation. We have translated and/or revised over 6 million words from user and technical manuals for leading automotive manufacturers in the last 10 years.
- Patents. We are specialized in Japanese and German to English Patent Translation for technical and scientific companies in Germany, Japan and the United States.
- Machine Tools. Over the last 3 years, we have translated over one and a half million words of technical documents for the companies in the sector. See Technical Translation Service for details.
- Translation for the Information Technology, Software and Hardware industries. Translation and/or revision of more than 3,500 press releases of IT, software and hardware companies in the last few years.
- Translation of websites and corporate webs. Over the last 6 years, we have translated several corporate and private websites. We can handle translation projects in the most common programming web languages. For further information, check the section about our Website Translation Service.
- Life Science Translation. We have taken part in multilingual translation and revision projects for leading health service, life science, medical and pharmaceutical companies over the past years. Read the section about our Medical Translation Service for detailed information.
Our in-house and freelance translators
The translators working for LinguaVox must meet the following professional capabilities: translationary, linguistic and textual in the source and target languages, documentary, cultural and technological.
As indicated in the standards EN-15038 (http://qualitystandard.bs.en-15038.com/) and ISO 17100, they must show proof of those capabilities through the following: 1) a university degree in translation and interpreting (recognized degree); 2) an equivalent degree in another field, plus at least 2 years of documented experience in the translation field; 3) at least 5 years of professional documented experience in the translation field.
All our translators translate only into their native language, except for minority language combinations (African, and Asian languages, for instance), and always after having informed the client.
Revisers revise their translation in the light of its adequacy for the pretended use, comparing the source with the translated text.
A reviser must share the same professional capabilities as a translator and, on top of that, translation experience in the subject matter.
Reviewers are specialists in the subject matter in the target language. Their task involves reviewing the translated text in the light of its adequacy for the pretended use and the conventions of the subject matter.
Proofreaders perform a proofreading of the final documents before they go to print and are published.
Our team of suppliers is also composed of sworn translators, language interpreters, Desktop Publishing (DTP) specialists, website, software localization and videogame experts, translators specialized in multimedia translation (subtitling and dubbing, professional voice talents), etc.